Tuesday 26 May 2015

Mandy Eccleshall

The Moat House, Acton Trussell

15/5/2015




I couldn't wait for this wedding as the bridesmaid, who was the bride's eldest daughter, is a friend from my old work so I knew it was going to be a blast. 

Mandy was getting married to Alan at the Moat House in Acton Trussell but was getting ready at home. The Moat House which has been one of Staffordshire’s most popular wedding venues for the last 25 years is Located alongside the Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal in the picturesque village of Acton Trussell, the venue is set in stunning grounds and surrounded by tranquil waters. The moat house is certainly one of my favourite venues because I had my wedding reception there 8 years ago.


The Moat House, Acton Trussell
Mandy sent the groom off to The Oak Farm the night before and said she hated saying goodbye to him.
I was the first to arrive at 7am and saw the dining room table neatly displaying everyone's hair slides, jewellery and wedding cards along with well wishes from friends and family. It was beautiful. Then I noticed the gorgeous blue bridesmaid dresses hanging in the window from the rail. I had to get my camera out and take some photos.

Mandy's colour theme was white and blue.




























I had a lovely cuppa tea and got to work straight away as I had 5 gorgeous ladies to do.

I started the makeup of Kel first who requested I didn't make her look like a child. I was puzzled by this until she told me she was 12. My mouth nearly hit the floor - I thought she was about 16/17. She thought I was just going to put lipgloss on her and be done but how wrong she was.

I used lots of bronze and gold tones as she had gorgeous green eyes which I wanted to extenuate. Once her eyes were primed I used 'All that Glitters' eyeshadow by MAC all over her eyelid then 'Darkhorse' from Urban Decays naked palette to her outer corner and lined using Creep from the same palette. Mascara and individual lashes were used and she was one happy girl. Her eyebrows were combed and powdered to enhance her green eyes even more so.

I used Estée Lauder Doublewear and powdered a slight contour and gave her Rosy cheeks using my favourite blush of the moment 'Dainty' from MAC!!
We then got to my favourite bit, the lips! I used a beautiful muted rose lip stain from Max Factor and then applied my new love Motives Lip Shine in Glam. OMG did they shine. Everyone in the room including Mandy was asking to have that combo on, and I couldn't have agreed more. I was just finishing off when the door went and it was the very lovely and talented Gemma from Dream Bridal Hair.

Kel The Bridesmaid
I then got to work on the other two bridesmaids Chloe and Katie. I used majority of the same makeup on all the bridesmaids but changed techniques according to eye shape and face shape. I had so much fun with these girls as I had a lot in common with them. I used to work with Katie when I was a nurse and she was a care assistant so had some gossip and a lot of catch up chat to have. The girls were so down to earth and I found it hilarious how much they all took selfies. Every time I looked up from what I was doing they were either looking in the mirror smiling and posing or smiling and posing in front of their phone. I must admit I love it when I see that as I know they're happy with what I've done.

Chloe the Bridesmaid
I find it fascinating how people watch me while I'm working, asking questions and asking for tips as I find makeup so natural to do, and everyone who knows me knows how much I adore my makeup so can happily talk to anyone about it.

Katie the Bridesmaid
I was down 1 bridesmaid as she was  having her hair done at her normal hairdresser so I started the bride. Mandy's hair only needed finishing off and her veil putting in.
Mandy liked her makeup and especially her eyes so I sticked to the same eye shadows as the bridesmaids but using them lightly as I wanted to concentrate on giving her some beautiful eyelashes to emphasize her eyes. She'd never had eyelashes before and I think she was quite nervous about having them but as soon as she saw them in the mirror was in love and couldn't believe she couldn't feel them on.

I finished the rest of Mandy's face and putting on the highly requested lip combo in time as Stuart from Stuart James photography had just turned up. Mandy felt better knowing that she had hair and makeup done. Mandy couldn't praise Stuart enough, she was so impressed with her engagement photo shoot.




Natalie the Bridesmaid
The other 3 bridesmaids arrived from the hairdressers so I could then make a start on my last bridesmaid. The other two bridesmaids were going to do their own hair and makeup. The room got very loud and was full of smiles and laughter and reminiscing. It was such a good atmosphere and you could see how much of a lovely mom and friend Mandy is. The Champagne was then opened which everyone had been waiting for as nobody wanted to start without the others. I was offered a glass which I never decline, but I had a few sips and it blew my head off. I couldn't believe how strong it was but then I asked what it was, it was Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne.
The bridesmaids started to disappear and then return in their gorgeous dresses, apart from Katie who burst out the bathroom in her underwear and tights. It was so funny as she was trying to hide from Stuart who was outside taking photos of the other bridesmaids and just as she said that he came in. She then, as only Kate knew how, started to strike a pose. She was so funny.
Then from behind her in came her mom in her dress. Mandy looked amazing. Her dress was gorgeous. The dress was bought from Rebecca Jaynes Mix and Match in Rugeley and was bought for her by her brother and sister-in-law. She certainly picked the perfect dress.
Mandy had done such an amazing job picking everything out for her wedding. She certainly had the best of everything. I loved how elegant everything was.



Paul from Platinum wedding cars arrived nice and early to take Mandy to the Moat House. So the house started to get a little bit more frantic and loud.
The wedding flowers were also delivered which were supplied by Lavender Flowers and were roses and blue things with tiny diamante's in the centre's of the roses. They were stunning.
Everyone's lip gloss was topped up and the bridesmaids went off in their hummer car first just leaving me, Gemma and Mandy.


I think Mandy was getting nervous at this point but she said how calm she felt. We were then joined by her two friends for well wishes before she had to go.
I packed up my stuff and ran ahead, waiting outside with my camera.

The light caught Mandy's dress and it sparkled liked a diamond.
I'm looking forward to seeing Stuart's photos as he's good at capturing natural photos.

Mandy and Alan are off celebrating their marriage with a honeymoon on a Mediterranean Cruse.

Here is a little video and photos I've put together of the morning. Hope you like it x





If you would like to book me to do your makeup. Please take a look at my website www.helenpearsonmua.com 



You can also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagramPintrestLinkedIn you can email me helenpearsonmua@hotmail.com 
or ring me on 07826 542 676








No comments:

Post a Comment

Client Wedding Vlog no 69 - Katherine's Wedding

Curradine Barn In May I had a Lovely morning doing the wedding makeup of Katherine who got married at Curridane Barn. Katherine and a...