Wednesday 27 May 2015

Emma Platt

Ardencote Country Manor, Warwick

23 May 2015


The Bridesmaids

I was booked to do the bridesmaids makeup of Becky who got married at the super glamorous Ardencote Country Manor. The bridal party got dressed at home and Becky the bride had the very talented Ganga Bhambra do her makeup who were good friends at school. I was excited about working alongside Ganga, as not only is she amazing at makeup but she works in TV, Film and magazines. 

I arrived bright and early on a lovely day to the Platt household and was kindly greeted by Emma's dad Peter. 

I had been allocated the bedroom upstairs where there was a lot of space, light and was where all the bridesmaid dresses were. 

I got set up and ready while everybody had breakfast and I was even treated to a delicious warm croissant with jam and a cup of tea, so I was a happy girl. 


I did the makeup of Emma the chief bridesmaid first so she could be in hand to help the bride when she was done. 

Emma's face was prepped and primed and I made a start on her eyes using MAC's 'all that glitters' with Urban Decay's 'Darkhorse' in the corners with Motives 'cappuccino' in the crease. I lined her eyes with Makeup Geeks 'corrupt' and used the same colours under the eye. Mascara was applied and a pair of beautiful long false eyelashes. 

With Emma's fair complexion I applied Estée Lauder's double wear in a very pale foundation colour then warmed it all up using contouring, highlighting and bronzing. I then used Motives Blush in 'lust'. Emma wanted me to use her own lipstick so she had the lipstick to top up all day. Her makeup was completed and set in place using Urban Decay setting spray.

Emma Chief bridesmaid

My next client Nicky couldn't wait to get into my chair after seeing Emma's makeup. Nicky is the sister to the groom, Ben. It was so sweet hearing how Becky and Ben met after one of Nicky's salsa classes and hearing how welcoming each of the families have been towards each other.

Nicky had a very natural look as she doesn't wear much makeup, and has beautiful skin so doesn't need too! 

I prepped and primed her skin and then went straight onto her eyes with MAC's 'naked Lunch' on the lid and Motives 'cappuccino' in the crease. Then using Makeup Geeks 'corruption'  to line and define her eyes finishng the look with mascara. Nicky liked Emma's eyelashes so much so she wanted some but wasn't keen on the thought of the weight of them so I applied individual lashes. 


Nicky the bridesmaid

While I was doing the makeup of the girls we were joined by the very talented photographer Neil Bowler, he was taking lots of natural shots of me doing the makeup and of the general goings on around the house. 

Elliyah the next bridesmaid into my chair was very excited as she is only 12.  She was super super beautiful with gorgeous blue eyes and she even said that she had "sunflower" eyes. She then went on to tell me that as a little girl she did lots of modelling and appeared in the Littlewoods Catalogue, was a life size cardboard cutout at Clinton Cards and modelled for Asda promoting their garden toys etc like the paddling pools. 

Apart from the odd hormonal spot to cover Elliyah had gorgeous dark olive skin. I used MAC face and body foundation and set with mineralize powder from MAC
I wanted to emphasise her eyes even more, so I used the beautiful pink toned eyeshadows from my Urban Decay naked 3 palette and lightly applied a base colour with Urban Decay 'Heavy Metal' eyeliner on her lid for a bit of sparkle and my favourite Max Factor mascara. 
I finished off with a little bit of No7 lip gloss in 'pink veil' and a light brush of MAC's 'Melbra' blush. Both Elliyah and her mom were happy with the makeup. 

Elliyah the bridesmaid

Whilst I was doing Elliyahs makeup Becky and Emma had gone into the bedroom to start and get the wedding dress on. Emma was very conscious she wanted to be the one to help her sister get into the dress. It was very important to her, you could see how close they were as sisters. 

When I finished the bridesmaids makeup I was on hand  to help with anything, but mainly bring calm as you could see the nerves kick in. 

I went into the bedroom to see if there was anything I could do to help and I was taken a back at how stunning Becky looked. Her dress, hair, makeup, everything was perfect. 


Becky the Bride and Hair and Makeup by Ganga
Then Emma mentioned that the mini hook from the back of her dress has broken. I got my sewing kit out and got a new mini hook out. But I just couldn't thread the needle, and the more I tried the more I was struggling. Emma said she was happy to leave it but looking from the back it would of looked odd and not perfect. So I did the next best thing and I used a safety pin. I was now happy she looked perfect and knowing that it was secured. 

We all went downstairs and the bridal party had their photos taken by Neil before he had to shoot off to the venue. 




This was when I had a slight panic and realised there was no flowers, to be told they were going to be at the venue, phew.

The cars arrived and omg they were amazing, very posh and very ...... Gorgeous, the chauffeur even let me have a good look in the one car. 

That's when they all came out to go to the venue. The sun was shining and not one cloud was overcast, it was glorious, they were all going to have a good day and hopefully Becky can get married outside. 

Then Becky came out! She looked like a supermodel and a figure to die for. She waited for her dad and gave a few waves to the neighbours before getting into the car to get married. 
Such a lovely family who welcomed me so warmly into Their home. I had a lovely morning and Thank you for booking me. 


                                            A short video of the wedding morning







If you would like to book me to do your makeup. Please take a look at my website www.helenpearsonmua.com 



You can also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagramPintrestLinkedIn you can email me helenpearsonmua@hotmail.com 
or ring me on 07826 542 676


No comments:

Post a Comment

Client Wedding Vlog no 69 - Katherine's Wedding

Curradine Barn In May I had a Lovely morning doing the wedding makeup of Katherine who got married at Curridane Barn. Katherine and a...