Saturday 9 May 2015

Jemma Mole

The Village Hotel, Dudley


Jemma purchased the bridal package last year which included her wedding makeup, waxing, eyebrow tinting and a spray tan so I saw Jemma a few times the week leading up to her wedding. 

Jemma got married to Russell at the Village Hotel in Dudley. They met in their local pub and have been together for 14 years. They have two super cute kids called William (5) and Evie who's 3. 


When I arrived everyone there was chilled out and chatting about the day. I was introduced to Jemma's mom and sister who is her bridesmaid, Charlotte who was the Photographer from Nowyouseeme Photography and Susie her hair dresser. We were joined later by the flower girls (Jemma's daughter and niece) and page boys (Jemma's son and nephew).

The room was quite small but that didn't matter as it made for good atmosphere. I set up and was made a nice cuppa by Karla the chief bridesmaid before making a start on Karla's makeup. 

Karla wanted natural makeup as she has sensitivities to certain brands and doesn't normally wear makeup. 
I prep and primed Karla's face then I used the eye shadow colours from my Urban Decay Naturals palette, and used the darker brown as a powder eyeliner at the very base of her eyelashes and used Mascara. 
I used a light application of the MAC face and body foundation, stetted with powder and blushed with Motives Lust blusher then lightly contoured using Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer then finished off by applying No7 Lipgloss. Kara felt a little uncomfortable to start with as she's not used to wearing makeup but looked beautiful and once her dress was on she was ok. 



It was the Bride's turn in the makeup chair and Jemma looked so excited. 
Her spray tan looked lovely and was over the moon with it. Like her sister, Jemma wanted a natural look. I prepped her face and primed her eyelids. I used the reflective 'Sin' eyeshadow from Urban Decay, 'Naked' in her crease and Darkhorse to the outer corner.  Jemma had Estée Lauder's double wear foundation which was set with MAC's mineralize skin finish in 'natural'. MAC's Dainty to blush and MAC's sculpt to contour. She looked beautiful. To keep on the natural theme we used a coloured Estée Lauder gloss to her lips.



Charlotte the photographer was amazing and was continually snapping and even got this great shot of me doing the dress up. 

The makeup was done and we had 10 minutes to chill, Jemma's mom even took full advantage of the hotel facilities and went for a swim, then before we knew it a mad rush came on and everyone had to get in their dresses. 
I helped out and put little Evie into her dress and then asked Jemma if she wanted me to help her into her dress. 


The beautiful Ronald Joyce Gown which was bought from Tres Charmante in Birmingham was stunning. I think I was having a bit of a blonde day because we put the underskirt on then tried to step into the wedding dress haha. So we took the underskirt off and started again with better luck this time. The dress was on, the underskirt was on but we forgot the tights. So I was there pulling these tights up trying mega hard not to ladder them, which I say I think did a pretty good job. 




I stood back and Jemma looked amazing. At this point she was handed a card and present from Russell which I'm so glad I got to catch photos of. He bought her a lovely little Diamond necklace which was perfect for her to wear with her wedding dress.



Everyone was dressed and the bridesmaid dress was a gorgeous light sage colour with a pretty bow and the flower girls had white dresses. I took a few photos of the bridal party along with snapping some on their own phones for relatives in Australia till it was time to go downstairs. 

The bridesmaids and the mother of the bride went down and we waited in the room for the registrar to come and do the pre-wedding interview. The time was nearing the wedding and we hadn't heard from anyone about what was happening. I then tried to ring down to reception but the phone was dead, so used my mobile to ring reception, it was like something out of a film lol. Then there was a knock on the door from the wedding coordinator who took me and the bride downstairs and Jemma went into another large room to have her interview. 

Whilst she was in there I managed to get some photos of everyone all lined up and waiting. Then Jemma came out and was ready for the go! I stood at the side of the door because I like to film my brides first few nervous seconds before going into the ceremony room. The first to go in was Evie and her cousin, but as soon as Evie saw everyone she came running out. I think she was a little overwhelmed with all the people. She went and had cuddles with mom until it was time for Jemma to make the grand entrance. Evie still didn't want to walk in so I said to Jemma not to worry about her and I'd look after her. Little Evie came running straight over. 

After Jemma walked in I walked in with Evie and then her grandma came to pick her up up from me. I nearly died walking down the isle lol. But Evie was happy, that's all that matters. 

I went off and left Jemma to get married so I went and had a nosy at the reception room. It was beautifully decorated by Unwritten memories and the cake table was all ready to receive the cake, although it wasn't out when I was there, but the cake was a cheese cake made by bake a cake catering services. It looked great from the photos. 








There was also a candy cart, light up backdrop and a photo booth for the reception which were provided by 'Bake a Cake Catering services'.
It was all just so lovely and perfect. I had such a lovely day and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and your family. Keep in touch






If you would like to book me to do your makeup. Please take a look at my website www.helenpearsonmua.com 



You can also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagramPintrestLinkedIn you can email me helenpearsonmua@hotmail.com 
or ring me on 07826 542 676

No comments:

Post a Comment

Client Wedding Vlog no 69 - Katherine's Wedding

Curradine Barn In May I had a Lovely morning doing the wedding makeup of Katherine who got married at Curridane Barn. Katherine and a...