Saturday 11 April 2015

Marie Wheelwright

Marie the bride

What a beautiful day for a wedding, the sun was shining without a cloud in the sky and that was at 9.30 am when I arrived at the Oak Farm Hotel in Cannock to do the wedding makeup of Marie who was getting wed to John.

Oak Farm Hotel, formerly an 18th century working farm, is set in its own gardens overlooking Cannock Chase providing a perfect outdoor setting for those special photographs.

The Oak Farm
As I was on my way to the hotel room where Marie was I had a sneak  peak at the reception room. The door was locked so could only see through the glass door, but it looked beautiful. The colour theme was Cadbury purple with little touches of Disney throughout. My aim was to make sure I had a good look in the room before the wedding guests arrived as I'm a very keen slightly obsessed Disney fan. 

Marie was very relaxed and chilled when I arrived. She said she slept well the night before and was looking forward to the day. Her stressful day was the day before last when she couldn't sleep or settle. 

Marie wanted a glam look for her wedding day as she normally wears very little makeup anyway so wanted something that would stand out. Marie's eyes were beautiful so we focused the glam on them. I used Makeup geek and Motives eyeshadows with Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and lashings of my favorite Mascara. The weather was very muggy so it was important the foundation would sustain the heat and stress of the day. I used No7's colour calming primer then Estée Lauder double wear mixed with MAC's Face and Body Foundation then that was set by my Anastasia Beverly Hills powders and MAC's Mineralize powder. The whole look was then set with Urban Decays Setting Spray


















Marie's photographer Tina from the Chase Photo Studio arrived, the amazing and very talented Gemma from Dream Bridal hair started her wedding hair up and I think this is where Marie's nerves kicked in. She became a little quiet and very hot, luckily the hotel had a spare fan so we could keep Marie cool as I was using my paperwork of the wedding as a fan and my arm was about to drop off. 
As I had finished her makeup for now and Gemma was still doing her hair I slipped off to have another peak at the reception room with my camera. 

Disney Wedding Cake
The first thing that caught my eye was Marie's beautiful cake baked by her friend which had Minnie and Mickey as a cake topper. Marie had this shipped in from the Disney Store in America. The cake was beautiful and had a delicate sweetheart bow to the back. 

Back of the wedding cake
               

The room at the time looked stunning and very elegant and was still in the process of being dressed by Little Kings and Queens. The tables had candelabras decorated in Ivy and pretty Favor Boxes filled with a cupcake. 





Wedding favors

I noticed in the corner of the room a very tempting sweetie cart which was for the evening reception, I took a photo of it and moved away before I sneaked a sweet lol..

Sweetie cart

To the side of the top table was a very important table which had the beautiful photo of Marie's mom who sadly passed away suddenly last year. The table had a very fitting quote saying "Mum, we know you would be here today if heaven weren't so far away" and a beautiful little spray of the wedding flowers. I thought that was such a thoughtful thing to do and very fitting as I know how close Marie was to her Mum. 

Marie's Mum


I headed back to help Marie into her dress and couldn't wait to tell her how beautiful her room was. 
Gemma and myself helped Marie into her  Mark Lesley wedding dress which she had off the Internet from China. I nearly fell to the floor when she said the bridesmaid dresses were from China too. They were Cadbury purple and were super vibrant. 

Bride and bridesmaids

Marie had 3 bridesmaids: Keira, Kelly (John's sister) and Marie's very dear friend Rachel. Marie and John also had 3 flower girls: Emily and Katie (Marie's god daughters) and Sophie (John's niece). So as you can imagine the hotel room got a little busy. 
The flowers were so pretty and were made up of white roses and Caller lilies wrapped up in matching purple satin ribbon. 

Wedding flowers


Bridal bouquet

The wedding registrar came to the room to do the necessary legalities and I packed up my kit, by which time Marie was ready to go up to the ceremony room. Everyone was told which order they had to go into the  room and stood ready and waiting with a few giggles and last minute nerves and I was lucky enough to get to video Marie entering the room.

Click on the photo to see the video
Marie and the farther of the Bride
Thankyou Marie for booking me to do your wedding makeup. It was so nice meeting you and finding out you're a close neighbour and have good friends in common. I'm so privileged to be asked to do a bride's makeup on their wedding day and even more so becoming friends afterwards..





If you would like to book me to do your makeup. Please take a look at my website www.helenpearsonmua.com 



You can also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagramPintrestLinkedIn you can email me helenpearsonmua@hotmail.com 
or ring me on 07826 542 676

No comments:

Post a Comment

Client Wedding Vlog no 69 - Katherine's Wedding

Curradine Barn In May I had a Lovely morning doing the wedding makeup of Katherine who got married at Curridane Barn. Katherine and a...