Friday 21 August 2015

Helen Knox

Somerford Hall, Brewood

13 June 2015



I've looked forward to this wedding for over a year now as Helen used to be my hair dresser at Edens Hair salon in Heath Hayes

Helen got married to Malc at Somerford Hall in Brewood. Somerford Hall is an enchanting Georgian mansion set amidst extensive landscaped gardens, providing a true sense of occasion for your wedding celebrations. The wedding theme was elegant yet quite traditional with the colour scheme being cobalt blue.



The couple met at the zoo where they went for the day with friends and embarrassingly Helen ended up falling over and Malc was the one that rushed to help her up. Helen said they still laugh about it now and Malc even mentioned this on the wedding day in his speech.

On the wedding day I arrived super early at this gorgeous venue to do the wedding makeup of Helen and all her bridal party, and it was such a joy as a lot of them were girls I knew from the Salon. They were all dressed in matching blue silk dressing gowns except for Helen's which was white. 

When I arrived a very talented Helen from Eden in Heath Hayes (who did my wedding hair 8 yrs ago) had already made a start blow drying and styling the girls hair, Helen's dad was sat in the lounge area looking overwhelmed by the amount of females in the room haha. 
Champagne and cups of tea were flowing nicely too. 

I set myself up and made a start on the bridesmaids' makeup. 

I did the makeup of Helen's sister Louise first who was quite relaxed and happy about whichever makeup look I gave her. I used a beautiful shimmer taupe colour on her eyes and a natural pink lipstick. Louise had amazing cheeks so used a gorgeous pink to show them off even more. 



Next I did the makeup of Helen's mom who like the other girls didn't wear much makeup. She was wearing a blue suit with a fascinator so I decided to add a bit of colour to her makeup and gave her blue eyelids to compliment her brown eyes. I diluted the foundation with a moisturiser to give a more natural coverage. For her lips I kept it neutral again and used a beautiful Estée Lauder tinted lip gloss



Helen the bride was next who was very conscious of her skin as she experiences rosacea to her cheeks (redness). Helen also wanted a natural bridal look and didn't want to be caked in makeup, on the day Helen was over the moon with how flawless her skin looked when I finished. For Helen's eyes I went with a cream and light natural brown eye shadow and lined the eyes lightly with gel eyeliner. I used a natural peachy lipstick with a peachy blusher to compliment her spray tan. 


It was lovely seeing Helen after a couple of years, we had a good catch up on a lot of things including her amazing holidays abroad to Dubai and particularly her Hen celebrations when she went to Los Angeles and Vegas for the week and had a day in London with all the girls from work and a family meal. 

I did the makeup of Jodie next who was super beautiful. I did Jodie's makeup on the trial too as I was told Jodie is super fussy, but luckily for me she loved the makeup I did so was hired for today. 

Jodie loves makeup and so I decided to give her a sparkling healthy English rose look, with the most amazing bright coloured lipstick from MAC called Moronge. The combo totally worked and she looked amazing. 

It was lovely seeing Jodie too as I knew her from the hairdressers. I enjoyed hearing about the hen weekend, particularly the bit where Jodie met someone on the plane and ended up dating him. 



Helen's last bridesmaid to have her makeup done was Liz her sister in law. Liz  doesn't normally wear much makeup so I used the same sort of colours on her too. She was conscious of her skin blemishes so of course I gave her a natural but flawless look. She looked amazing. 


After finishing everybody's makeup we made our way over to the main building where everyone was to get dressed. 


Not long after we got into the bridal suite the wedding flowers of blue begonias and white roses were delivered by Lynn from Fine Flowers in Rugeley. They matched the colour of the bridesmaids' dresses perfectly which were a gorgeous royal blue with one strap over the shoulder, purchased from White Rose Bridal in Rugeley.




We were joined by the photographer Steve Ford Photography who started taking his photos of the bridesmaids in their dressing gowns and then took photos of the dresses and flowers in the room.  

We were doing really well for time and then the time came that the bridesmaids needed to get dressed. As each bridesmaid came into the main room dressed I started topping up everybody's lipstick as everyone had been eating and drinking lots of lovely champagne. 


Afterwards Helen went off into the dressing room to put her wedding dress on with her bridesmaids, where I heard lots of giggles. I went in to see Helen and she looked amazing. Helen also had her wedding dress from White Rose Bridal in Rugeley. And it was a perfect choice. She looked like a princess, so beautiful, the dress really suited her. 




The bridesmaids were brilliant and very hands on helping Helen get ready she's lucky she was surrounded by hairdressers as she then needed her veil put in, while another bridesmaid used Vaseline to line all the shoes to prevent the shoes from rubbing. Everything was covered and organised. 



The registrars came to do the interview with Helen and then she was ready to go down and get married. She looked so happy and excited, I felt privileged that she asked me as I'd known her for over 10 years. The venue's wedding coordinator came and collected the bridal party and took them downstairs. I followed taking a few of my own snaps and videos and noticed a big white post box and a picture frame with hearts where you can write your name on. 






Here is a little video I've put together, please click on the picture to view.




If you would like to book me to do your makeup. Please take a look at my website www.helenpearsonmua.com 





You can also find me on FacebookTwitterInstagramPintrestLinkedIn you can email me helenpearsonmua@hotmail.com 
or ring me on 07826 542 676


No comments:

Post a Comment

Client Wedding Vlog no 69 - Katherine's Wedding

Curradine Barn In May I had a Lovely morning doing the wedding makeup of Katherine who got married at Curridane Barn. Katherine and a...