Tuesday 17 March 2015

Emma Danks

Fishley Park, Walsall 

15/3/2015



The morning of Emma's wedding was delightful. Everybody was calm and collected and everything went to plan. Emma was certainly very organised, which with wedding planning is definitely  a must! 
It was an early start I arrived at the house just before 7 am. I was all set up and ready to go I just had to wait for my first bridesmaid, she was still in bed lol. They all had a late night last night celebrating the wedding and finishing off last minute touches. 

Mel the Bridesmaid
Whilst I did Mel's makeup the rest of the bridal party went to David James Hair Design to have their hair beautifully put into a half up, half down hair do. Upon their return Mel went off to have her hair done. It was then the turn of Lauren, the groom's daughter to have her makeup done. We had a lot in common and talked mainly about horses and general country life. Then I did the makeup of Chloe and Emma's mum Tracey. Tracey was quite relaxed when I arrived until the last couple of hours when her mobile kept ringing every 5 minutes asking her for advice and her partner kept asking if she had turned up his trousers yet. Lol. 
Lauren the Bridesmaid
Chloe the Bridesmaid
Tracey, Mother of the Bride


It was then the turn of Emma but she wanted to show me all the little wedding bargain items she had bought off eBay. She first showed me her garter which she had from Ebay and had her married name cut out of the ribbon. It was very cute.


The bridesmaid dresses were from China and after close inspection were immaculate and well structured. The colours she had were so pretty, the younger bridesmaids, her daughters Ellie (7), Laci-Mai (2), and Taliyah (10 months) wore dusky pink dresses. The older bridesmaids Lauren, Chloe  and Mel wore aquamarine dresses. 






Emma then was super excited for me to see her custom made Converse trainers mad by Crystal Couture. They were very pretty and even had her married name of Mrs H on the back in rhinestones. 





Emma and Dave decided that today was an important day to get married as it was exactly 15 years ago they met. It just so happened it was also Mother's Day! Emma and Dave then realised how difficult it was to book somewhere and people as not only was it a Sunday but a very special day and only gave themselves 6 months to plan too. 
Dave used to play 5 a side football on a Thursday evening at indoor sports hall (Sneyd school hall), where Emma worked laying out the hall for the various activities football / badminton etc. Dave romantically proposed on Christmas Day 2011 on one knee in their living room. 
They didn't have a theme as such, they just wanted the whole wedding to be fun and relaxed, they did however want a Mr and Mrs Minion wedding cake. Which was made by For the Love of Cake.


We were almost finished when the Photographer Colm-Ross of Colm RE Photography arrived. So there were plenty of photographs where Emma was beautifully made up. 
Emma has a glam makeup look as she doesn't normally wear makeup but said she didn't have anything in mind and wanted me to do my magic. She was over the moon when she looked in the mirror. She couldn't wait to get her dress on. But not before Emma had to iron the bridesmaids dresses as she had noticed a few extra creases. 
Emma, my beautiful bride
Emma was all set to get dressed. So while Emma went upstairs and everybody else was running like mad women in the usual final hour countdown, I managed to get a cuddle with Emma's 10 month old baby. Who I must add was as quiet as a mouse and happy just sitting there watching everyone around her. I've never known a child that you possibly could forget about. She was such a cutie. It was short lived as she fell asleep on me. So I put her ready to go in the car seat and prepared myself with face powder and lipstick for the mad rush out the door. 
Emma came downstairs in her dress which was a champagne colored Ronald Joyce dress which she bought from Your Wedding Shop in Birmingham. She looked beautiful Especially with her custom made Converse trainers.


Emma's flowers were artificial with vintage broaches which she had from Angela Copestake, Angie's floral designs. 



The time came for Emma to then go to the registry office. She was taken there by a stretch Land Rover which was provided by Finishing Touch Cars in Birmingham


Emma and Dave had their reception at Fishley park in Walsall where they had Bake-a-cake catering provide the food, a photo booth, popcorn and candy floss machine. 





I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Emma and her family. Everyone was so kind and made me feel like i was part of the celebrations, and even treating me to a McDonald's breakfast. I feel like I've known Emma a life time, yet I've only met her twice and have been in regular contact on Facebook in the lead up to the wedding. Thank you so much for booking me to do the special honor of doing yours and your bridal party's makeup. Hopefully we  can keep in contact.



If you would like to book me to do your makeup. Please take a look at my website www.helenpearsonmua.com 


You can also find me on Facebook, you can email me helenpearsonmua@hotmail.com or ring me on 07826 542 676


No comments:

Post a Comment

Client Wedding Vlog no 69 - Katherine's Wedding

Curradine Barn In May I had a Lovely morning doing the wedding makeup of Katherine who got married at Curridane Barn. Katherine and a...